Thursday, July 14, 2005

Who long do you plan to breastfeed? - comments left on bloggingbaby.com

16. Posted Jul 12, 2005, 7:40 AM ET by Sue
The Nursing Mothers Guide to Weaning by Shiela Kitzinger can answer question on weaning at any age.

My first was weaned at 14 months, my second shortly after she was two. My ex-husband led that weaning.

My third is 10 months and I plan to wean him before he goes to college ;) Otherwise he can wean or nurse whenever he chooses. I work full time, have returned to work after six weeks for each child. Breastfeeding/Pumping really helps keep me sane. It is nice to know he is well fed even while I work. Daddy stays home with the baby. Breastfeeding is the easy choice.

My first had an occasional bottle of formula before I knew better. The ex would give her a bottle of that crap to 'give me a break'. The result was always a fussy, messy baby, and no break. For the second and third, I just didn't have any formula in the house, because it is crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sue, I have left a comment for you on blogging baby under your comments....I belive that it is #20. You really offended me with what you said and I think that you really need to educate yourself a little more before you go making such comments!!!! It makes me upset that you seem to think that you are better just because you breastfeed....that does not make you a better mom or a better person. To educate you I have listed some reasons on blogging baby on why babies might need formula! Thank you for your time.
Michelle